How to perform basic Guided Meditation (after initiation)
Step – I: Concentration
Concentrate by looking at one object or a small circle drawn on a paper or wall. We recommend looking into the eyes of your God or the most powerful deity, Pratyangira Devi’s picture. Perform this for two to three minutes without blinking your eyes.
Step – II: Prayer
Pray in simple language of love and faith to your God and thank for all the good that has happened. Then pray to the Supreme Divine Energy and ask the energy to help you to awake your inner consciousness. This should take about a minute.
Step – III: Pranayam
Perform pranayam for at least 108 times. You can start with 11 times then 21 times and so on. This process should take anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes. Not more than that.
Step – IV: Dhyaan
- Sit comfortably, preferably on a padded/carpeted floor or yoga-mat, and close your eyes. Feel a wave of subtle energy rise up along your spine.
- Keep the body completely relaxed.
- With the eyelids half closed (or completely closed, if this is more comfortable to you), look upward, focusing the gaze and the attention as though looking out through a point between the eyebrows. (A person deep in concentration often “knits“ his brows at this spot.) Do not cross the eyes or strain them; the upward gaze comes naturally when one is relaxed and calmly concentrated.
- Breathe normally and keep the mind engaged in observing your involuntary breathing.
- Think that you are not the body but only the pure air which is the gross manifestation of Prana (Life Energy).
- Let your body be relaxed and free to do whatever happens, just observe your involuntary breathing or any physical or mental activities (kriyas).
- If you find yourself getting distracted by random thoughts do not try to suppress them, instead, direct your attention back to your involuntary breathing or kriyas if they are occurring.
- Try this daily for 3 to 18 minutes or more. Do not open your eyes unless you feel the urge to do so.
For Guided Tri Kriya Meditation procedure proceed to Tri Kriya Meditation